Thursday, April 5, 2012

Where's Robin??

I know you've been wondering, but I'm still here.
Have you ever had so much on your plate that you don't know whether you're coming or going? Well, that's been me for the last 3 weeks or so. Between the busy-ness of the end of Sale-A-Bration, Emma's skating and school schedule, my surgery recovery and just life in general I feel like I've forgotten to breathe some days.
I've honestly sat down several times to write a blog post and share some projects with you and fallen asleep in the chair - no joke! But things have begun to slow down and I'm not working much this week because it's Spring Break here. Hey, Spring Break isn't just for the kiddos! HA!

We went up to NYC for three days earlier this week - we had so much fun last year, we decided to go again. It may become an annual trip for us. I plan to write another post later today and share some photos with you, just have to finish downloading them. For now though, I'll just share this fun Easter project with you.

It's actually a project I'd created last Easter, but when my Dad was diagnosed with his cancer I cancelled the class and don't think I ever shared this project online with you.

This cute basket is made with the Petal Cone Die, Baja Breeze Cardstock and some now retired Designer Series Paper. You could easily substitute the paper though.
You need 3 petal cones cut with the die to make the basket and all three banner pieces to make the handle.
They are all cut down and scored to make the basket bottom and everything is attached with Tombow Multi-Adhesive. (The cutting and scoring are the same as in this post for my Cupcake Basket, you just need to adhere 3 cone pieces instead of two and you don't cut off any of the top scalloped flaps.)
My basket here uses Antique Brads on the handle and Baja Breeze Seam Binding for the side bows. To create the basket filler, I used a piece of 12 x 12 First Edition Designer Paper and cut it at each 1/4" all the way across the paper, leaving an uncut portion across the top. The Fiskars paper cutter is ideal for this. Next, I took 4" portions of the paper sheet and fed the uncut end into my Crimper. When it came out, I cut off the uncut end with my Paper Snips and crumpled up the rest, creating the "shred".

Here's a view of the eggs:

I'd seen something similar online and wanted to do my own so I purchased the brown paper mache eggs and covered them with small torn pieces of coordinating Designer Series Paper. I used a liquid glue/glaze to adhere them, then coated the entire surface with the glaze and let it dry before I embellished them.

Here's another look:

I'm glad to finally be sharing this project with you and I hope you have some time to make one of your own. It's not awfully time consuming and would be a lot of fun to make some of the eggs with your kiddos if they are home like mine on Spring Break.

Have a great day friends and I'll be back later with some fun NYC photos and memories to share.
Happy stampin'!
~~Robin

1 comment:

I LOVE your comments! Please share your thoughts with me!