I have to say it -
this card makes my heart SO happy!!
It's fun and sparkly and floral and layered and embellished and just super girly
and I LOVE it!
There is a Whole LOT going on with this card, but honestly,
it was super simple to create.
Assemble it in 'layers' - it's like building blocks:
a) card base; b) solid circles; c) embossed strip; d) circle rings; e) stamped circle; f) buttons; g) greeting.
The Circles Framelits made it easy to cut the 'rings' - here's how I did it:
1) You need 2 Circle Framelits that are only one size difference from the other. (If you're counting from the middle of the framelit set - I used the 3rd, 4th and 5th for the two 'rings' on this card.)
2) For my Blushing Bride circles, I used the two smaller framelits (3 and 4). I placed both framelits on the paper and ran them through the Big Shot. This created the solid inner circle and the 'ring'.
(This photo example is on different designer paper.)
I simply repeated this, using the two larger framelits (4 and 5) for the larger 'ring' and solid circle.
You can create a similar look with Circle punches too.
3) The Pink Pirouette card stock strip was embossed with the Lovely Lace embossing folder and is popped up on Stampin' Dimensionals as is the stamped floral circle.
4) The two paper 'rings' and the hello greeting were adhered with the Fine Tip Glue Pen and I used Glue Dots to adhere the buttons.
5) The twine in the smaller Vintage Faceted Button is a strand from a length of the White Jute Ribbon, pulled out and tied through the button.
As a final touch, I painted the flower with the Clear Wink of Stella - such a lovely touch.
Here's a complete supply list for you:
Don't ever look at a card and say "I can't do that!"
Because you can!
Most of the time, a fancy, layered card just needs to be broken down and built - think of it as legos for paper crafters. :)
Thanks for stopping by today - don't forget, the Lost Lagoon card stock is on it's way out - hopefully it's not sold out already....If you love it, you might want to shop for some before it's gone, gone, gone.
Click on any of the product photos above to visit my Online Store and shop today!