Welcome to Day 2 of my first Inspiration Series!
I'm featuring the new stamp set - Apple of My Eye - one of my personal favorites from Stampin' Up!'s Occasions Catalog 2016.
Today's card features the Pear stamp image. Take a look:
So the pear stamp is pretty specific, at least I think so.
Does it look like it could be any other fruit to you?
One thing I DO know is that pears oftentimes have little specks of brown on their skin. It was super easy to recreate that look - here's how:
1) Stamp the image on your card stock in the color of your choice. Here, I used Pear Pizzazz. (Of course!)
2) Stamp the image again on a sticky note, close to the top of the sticky area on the back. Use your Paper Snips and trim out the pear image - setting it aside.
3) Save the sticky note that you trimmed off (the frame of the image) and position it over your stamped image on the card stock, masking the white space around the image.
4) Use the large speckle stamp image from the Gorgeous Grunge stamp set and ink in Soft Suede ink, stamping off one time on your Grid Paper.
5) Stamp on top of the masked pear image, creating speckles on your pear. See? Easy!
I used the Hardwood background stamp on a strip of Crumb Cake card stock to give it a rustic feel and I also stamped the speckle image from Gorgeous Grunge randomly on the Mossy Meadow card base in Soft Suede as well. You can see I added a little bit of speckle to the greeting too. :)
The whole thing reminded me of a roadside fruit stand or farmer's market, what do you think?
Here's the supply list for you:
(do those of you who read my blog via e-mail actually SEE this supply list? It didn't show up for me today and I was wondering. Sure would love to hear from you if it's not - thanks!)
Shopping for any of these products and more is so easy, simply click on any of the product photos and it will take you right into my Online Store.
Be sure to check out the Clearance Rack and Weekly Deals while you are there and remember - all orders of $50 or more automatically earn you a choice of a FREE Sale-A-Bration product!
I'm so glad you stopped by today - come back tomorrow for the next card in the series. In the meantime, do any of you have a great recipe for pears?? Share it in the comments!
More inspiration from this stamp set coming your way tomorrow!
Be sure to come back and visit!